Admissions Criteria 2020/21
The following criteria are applied to each application in order to allocate places.
Hertfordshire Education Authority – admissions criteria:
- Children in Public Care (children looked after) and children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or a special guardianship order).
- Medical or Social: Children for whom it can be demonstrated that they have a particular medical or social need to go to the school.
- Sibling: Children who have a sibling on the roll of the school at the time of application (Reception through to Year 5). In Year admissions: the sibling may be in the school’s final year as long as they will still be in attendance at the time of admission.
- Children of staff: Children of staff directly employed by the school (from 2017).
- Nearest School: Children for whom it is their nearest community or voluntary-controlled school or an own admitting school or academy using Hertfordshire’s admission rules.
- Distance: Children who live nearest to the school.
For further information and for next years admission rules, please see the document 2021-2022 Summercroft Admission rules link below or go to www.hertfordshire.gov.uk
- All children start Reception full time in the Autumn term (September).
Hertfordshire County Council’s Education Department deals with applications for Reception admissions. Providing that you live within Hertfordshire and have registered with a Hertfordshire GP, you should automatically receive information about the admission process. Please apply on-line at www.hertfordshire.gov.uk The school office can help with this if necessary.
If your child was born between 1st September 2016 and 31st August 2017, please apply for a Reception place online Applications can be made from 2nd November 2020 until 15th January 2021. Places will be offered on 16th April and must be accepted by 30th April 2021.
- Children who are 3 years old (birthdays between 1st September 2017 and 31st August 2018) will start Nursery part time in the Autumn term 2021.
Children may attend for 5 half days (mornings only) or 3 days finishing at 1:50pm, with an option to pay an additional £5 per day (2020-2021 price) to lengthen the day in line with the rest of the EYFS/KS1 children to 15:10pm.
Children are able to bring a packed lunch from home or parents can purchase a hot school lunch. (Please click here for the current price and more information).
Nursery applications should be made directly to the school using the online application form or complete and return the Nursery Application form below (please scroll to the bottom of this page) by the Friday 12th March 2021. Places will be offered the week commencing Monday 22nd March 2021 and the deadline for accepting places is Friday 2nd April 2021. Please note that parents will need to apply for a Reception place the following year even if your child is admitted to our Nursery class.
Our Admissions Policy for Nursery is attached below.
More information is available at www.hertfordshire.gov.uk.
What happens next?
As soon as we know which children have been allocated to our Nursery and Reception classes each year, we write to our new parents and children to welcome them to our school and to explain our induction programme for them both.
Our induction programme consists of an information meeting to which we invite new parents and two visit sessions for new children to meet their teacher, see their new classroom and experience some of the activities they will enjoy when they join our school. There is obviously a lot of information to share with new parents so we have put together an induction pack which parents are given to take away after our first meeting.
In Year Admissions
The school will remain part of the county council’s coordinated In Year admissions scheme. Applications can be made online via www.hertfordshire.gov.uk
You can find information regarding School Admissions Appeals here.
During the autumn term of year 6, parents and their children are able to visit local secondary schools and then make an application for a place at the school of their preference. Every parent must complete the application online at www.hertfordshire.gov.uk and for most schools a SIF (Secondary Transfer Form) must be completed and returned to the school you are applying to. The SIF forms are available via the secondary school's website.
Full details about the procedure are published by Hertfordshire County Council and the deadline for applications is 31st October.