Covid-19 Current Guidelines in School
We are encouraging good hygiene: strategies including hand washing, “catch it, bin it, kill it”, coughing into an elbow, will continue to be encouraged.
Children should wash/sanitise their hands before school and will be encouraged to wash hands/use sanitiser during the school day.
Face coverings no longer required at drop-off/collection.
For parents and carers, face coverings are required for use in the reception area and other communal areas, and if visiting school alongside other parents for an event or performance e.g. music performance.
There has been a change to the rules on self-isolation.
Staff, children and parents/carers should self-isolate straight away and get a PCR test (a test that is sent to the lab) as soon as possible if they have any of these 3 symptoms of COVID-19, even if they are mild:
· a high temperature
· a new, continuous cough
· a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
They should also self-isolate straight away if:
· they've tested positive for COVID-19 – this means they have the virus
· someone you live with has symptoms or tested positive (unless you are not required to self-isolate – check below if this applies to you)
· you've been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app following contact with someone who tested positive.
If someone they live with has symptoms of COVID-19, or has tested positive for COVID-19, they will not need to self-isolate if any of the following apply:
· they’re fully vaccinated – this means 14 days have passed since their final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine given by the NHS
· they’re under 18 years, 6 months old
· they’re taking part or have taken part in a COVID-19 vaccine trial
· they’re not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons.