Small Paul - A Story About Coronavirus
Thank you for your continued support in keeping us up to date with children's absences due to COVID19. A number of parents have requested work to complete at home. Staff are preparing home learning resources in the event of a whole school closure. In the interim, I should like to suggest the following:
• reading with and to your child
• log in to Times Tables Rockstars
• log in to Purple Mash
• Read around the class topic
• Research an area of interest within the class topic and present it in a way that you wish
• Play board games
• Make a small book and collect jokes, rhymes, stories around a theme
• Practise rapid recall of number bonds ( see curriculum newsletter for suggestions around mathematics)
A number of web based companies are offering free access to their sites and we are compiling a list of them for future use.
To help children in their understanding of COVID19 we shared a story called 'Small Paul' in assembly yesterday. I hope you will find this useful.