Reception and Nursery 2023 Tours
Reception and Nursery tour dates for September 2023 entry. Please click on link below for more information and dates...
Admissions Criteria 2022/23
The following criteria are applied to each application in order to allocate places.
Hertfordshire Education Authority – admissions criteria:
- Children in Public Care (children looked after) and children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or a special guardianship order).
- Medical or Social: Children for whom it can be demonstrated that they have a particular medical or social need to go to the school.
- Sibling: Children who have a sibling on the roll of the school at the time of application (Reception through to Year 5). In Year admissions: the sibling may be in the school’s final year as long as they will still be in attendance at the time of admission.
- Children of staff: Children of staff directly employed by the school (from 2017).
- Nearest School: Children for whom it is their nearest community or voluntary-controlled school or an own admitting school or academy using Hertfordshire’s admission rules.
- Distance: Children who live nearest to the school.
For further information and admission rules, please see the documents below or go to www.hertfordshire.gov.uk
- All children start Reception full time in the Autumn term (September).
Hertfordshire County Council’s Education Department deals with applications for Reception admissions. Providing that you live within Hertfordshire and have registered with a Hertfordshire GP, you should automatically receive information about the admission process. Please apply on-line at www.hertfordshire.gov.uk The school office can help with this if necessary.
If your child was born between 1st September 2018 and 31st August 2019, please apply for a Reception place online Applications can be made from 1st November 2022 until 15th January 2023. Places will be offered on 17th April and must be accepted by 1st May 2023.
- Children who are 3 years old (birthdays between 1st September 2019 and 31st August 2020) will start Nursery part time in the Autumn term 2023.
Children may attend for 5 half days (mornings only) or 3 days finishing at 1:45pm, with an option to pay an additional £5.50 per day (2023-2024 price) to lengthen the day in line with the rest of the EYFS/KS1 children to 3:10pm.
From September 2023 we shall also be offering 30 hours provision (for those eligible) of 5 full days finishing at 2:45pm, with an option to pay £2 per day to lengthen the day in line with the rest of EYFS/ KS1 children to 3:10pm.
Children are able to bring a packed lunch from home or parents can purchase a hot school lunch. (Please click here for the current price and more information).
Nursery applications should be made directly to the school using the online application form by the Friday 10th March 2023. Places will be offered the week commencing Monday 20th March 2023 and the deadline for accepting places is Monday 24th April 2023. Please note that parents will need to apply for a Reception place the following year even if your child is admitted to our Nursery class.
For our Nursery Admissions Policy for Nursery, please use the link at the bottom of this page.
What happens next?
As soon as we know which children have been allocated to our Nursery and Reception classes each year, we write to our new parents and children to welcome them to our school and to explain our induction programme for them both.
Our induction programme consists of an information meeting to which we invite new parents and two visit sessions for new children to meet their teacher, see their new classroom and experience some of the activities they will enjoy when they join our school. There is obviously a lot of information to share with new parents so we have put together an induction pack which is available to view and download below...
Early Years Parents Brochure
In Year Admissions
The school has opted into Hertfordshire County Council’s In Year coordination service. Parents/carers can make an online In Year application via the Hertfordshire County Council’s website www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/admissions or contact the Customer Service Centre on 0300 123 4043 for a paper application form. Parents/carers should return the application form direct to the County Council.
The County Council will write to you with the outcome of your application and if you have been unsuccessful will include registration details to enable you to log in and appeal online at www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/schoolappeals.
During the autumn term of year 6, parents and their children are able to visit local secondary schools and then make an application for a place at the school of their preference. Every parent must complete the application online at www.hertfordshire.gov.uk and for most schools a SIF (Secondary Transfer Form) must be completed and returned to the school you are applying to. The SIF forms are available via the secondary school's website.
Full details about the procedure are published by Hertfordshire County Council and the deadline for applications is 31st October.